12.18.2011

Building financial security?

So I've been on kind of a DIY standstill. I've had a lot of stuff going on, and this is my blog, and let's face it, no-one is probably going to read this, atleast not for awhile. So we, my dears, are going to take a momentary detour from tutorials, to my life as me :)


For one week I have been taking Zoloft as recently prescribed by my doctor. Today was day 1 of taking the full dose (After taking 1/2 for 7 days to acclimate). I think it's helping. . . it's doing something. I'll update as new developments arise :)

It's 3:59am right now, and instead of sleeping like a normal human being I'm wide awake. And what, you ask, am I doing? I'm watching a random futurama dvd, listening to my Bubby make cute sleep sounds, and thinking about financial security.

My fiancĂ©e and I have been together since April 4th of 2010. We've been engaged since April 4th of 2011. I would like to married on April 4th sometimeinthefuture. Lol. We lived together most of out relationship, then I spent several months living with his parents (PS. Who I adore<3), and we just recently made the decision to live together again. We live in Culman, in a small apartment. And we have been thinking of finding a bigger place.

So Adam is sous chef of the local country club. He loves his job, loves the people he works with, get's pretty decent pay, good benefits, and his employers are very kind people. He's an extremely hard worker. During this holiday season the country club had been all booked up for Christmas parties, and he's been going 12-16 hours a day without an off day in quite awhile. Needless to say, I miss him being home very much, and am looking forward to the holidays getting here, and being over, but I digress.

We are absolutely blessed with his security in his job, Especially in this economy, and the rocky path we've had with past jobs until now. We are just now adjusting to being stable, and in our finances we seem to always just break even, or we're just a little behind. We struggle to get a firm grasp on our finances, and have no set budget. Which causes us a lot of unnecessary financial strain. But I don't even know where to start.

I came from a family where we were never financially stable. Even now my parents finances are in shambles, and they have large amounts of debt. Adam's parents declared backruptcy, but since then having been doing very well in finances, but neither one of us has ever had an opportunity to learn about finances, or taxes, or investing, or 401k, or retirement, or saving, or budgeting. . . so you see that my problem is that I know pretty much nothing about finances, and I don't know where to start.

I know that I want our goal to be to be totally out of any debts, current on all of our bills, with a couple months bill money in savings, and something we are investing our money into and amassing some kind of savings or accumulation. I want to feel secure in our spending, and thrifty in our shopping, and be comfortable in our financial security and plan. And have a firm understanding of where all of our money is going. 

I guess I'll need to start researching. . . 

Love
Bubsy 


No comments:

Post a Comment