11.18.2011

I've missed you!

I have not written a blog post in forever! Unfortunately I have been very sick! Last Saturday was my Nana's surprise party, and everything went great!! She was super surprised, there were tons of people, the food and cupcakes were delicious, she LOVES her new Kindle, and everyone had an awesome time! I got messages, and calls for days afterwards with people complimenting me on the party, and thanking me, so it was awesome :) I could not have done it without my Chef Bubby, or my family's help! 


Annnnyway, after the party was over, we went home and went to bed, and when I woke up the next morning I was sick as a dog. Have had a nasty cold, and respiratory ick! But today I'm feeling a little bit better, so I know I'm on the mend :)

I'm excited today because I got an e-mail I've been waiting on! My fiancĂ©e and I decided to 'Adopt A Soldier' through the Adopt A US Soldier program! It's totally free to sign up, and once you get verified, they e-mail you your soldier's information. (Their e-mail if they have one, address where you can send letters and care packages, and their name and about them) Well we got our Soldier today!

I can't (And won't) be posting any specific information about his location or anything, but I'll be excited to share some of the process, and about the things I have planned :)

The information I can give you, is that his name is Terrence :) and he is stationed in a remote location. Please (if you will) add Terrence, as well as the rest of our military men and women to your prayer lists!!

I just sent him my first e-mail, and I'm getting started on sending a Thanksgiving themed care package!! Sometimes they don't get to or can't respond to e-mail or letters, but I'm excited to be able to provide some support to our military, and show them that we are thinking of them!

Wish me luck, and pray I get better soon!
Love
Bubsy

No comments:

Post a Comment