11.26.2011

Missing part on spray paint can?

Hiya darlings! 

I have been super busy lately! Had an amazing Thanksgiving with my Fiancées' family. Mama Bebe (His mom) cooked most of the food, and Debra (his brother's wife) brought a few dishes, and I contributed a little. A little tidbit of info, I've mentioned that my Bubby is a sous chef, and amazingly passionate and talented in the kitchen. . . well the apple does not fall far from the tree!! I swear, no matter who cooks the food, it's always amazing! I have gained a lot of weight since we started dating lol!



I'm just about to go to bed :) I've been crafting all night after picking up some needed supplies. So after my last big project (DIY Cupcake Stands) I have been super excited with spray paint projects! It's such an easy medium to work with, inexpensive, and has a very polished and clean look when it's finished!

I've been working on a wooden wall plaque that I picked up an a new thrift store that opened up in our town (IT'S HUGE!!) for .99 cents. I'm attempting now to put a quote on it from my favorite book, Anthem by Ayn Rand. 

The background color is going to be a lovely blue color, paired with white letters. So I went to spray my first layer of blue paint, and it was super messy! There were speckles of paint everywhere, and it was really uneven! I knew it wasn't the paint brand, because I pretty much exclusively use this brand.

While I was checking out the nozzle, I noticed that the tiny white piece that is usually attached to the nozzle was missing! So while searching for solutions, I discovered that the pieces are removable, so I repaired it with the same piece from another can of paint I had!!

Unfortunately now though, I will have to do it again if I use the other color. So from now on I will be saving all of the caps off the spray paint cans to use as backups!!

Gotta go dream about paint now Haha
Love
Bubsy

No comments:

Post a Comment